Scientific Visual would like to reinforce its research and innovation team. We are looking for candidates with a Ph.D. in Physics, Material Science or Engineering, willing to work in Swiss high-tech company.
We are seeking a genius engineer with research background to shape out next generation of scientific instruments. Beginning with our proprietary IP for defect analysis with tomography systems, you will be designing and building crystal scanners that cover new materials in our product line. The scanner functionalities are related to the defect visualization in crystals and optical items.
Mission / Responsibilities
- you will be a key part of a small, highly performing product development team at our office in Lausanne, Switzerland
- involved from the very beginning of the product life cycle, building prototypes, guiding early-stage development and building a new instrument from the ground up
- adding new features, debugging and improving the instruments and interact regularly with our customers across the globe.
- Holding a Ph.D. in physics, crystallography, material science or engineering
- Hands-on experience in product development in a field related to instrumentation, preferably in the EU area to be familiar with business practices
- Experience in signal acquisition in the visible and non-visible range and optics is a strong plus
- Good knowledge of programming in Python and C/C++
- Strong analytic and synthetic skills
- Very good knowledge of English. French or German is a plus.
We offer you
- Ambitious, exciting task in a high-growth, high-performance environment
- Permanent work contract
- Compensation package according to Swiss standards