Partial remote work possible
Interested by signal processing, computer vision or tomography? Motivated to join a young company in full development?
Scientific Visual develops and produces automated quality control systems for inspecting industrial synthetic crystals. In this context, large quantities of high-definition data are collected, in particular in the form of tomographic scans (stacks of 2D images). These data are generally accompanied by a set of metadata describing the evolution over time of the growth of the crystals in specialized furnaces.
The scanned crystals are defined by their shape and the defects they contain. The objective of our tools is to extract and process the information deemed useful in order to carry out quality control or to provide new insights for crystal manufacturers. The aim of this internship is to correlate defects present in tomographic images with the provided metadata in order to optimize the manufacturer’s growth process.
Required hard skills
- Advanced knowledge in machine learning and statistics
- Knowledge in computer vision (OpenCV)
- Capability to rapidly prototype new ideas or optimize existing code
- Advanced programming skills (Python, C++, etc.)
- Capability to represent the company in front of customers and project partners
- Excellent team working capabilities while able to work autonomously
- Previous experience with processing large image data
- Familiar with general tomography concepts
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- German speaking a strong plus
- Ability to socialize in French
Starting date: Spring 2021 or later.Apply Online