Scientific Visual is continuously working on the next challenge
We are constantly on the lookout for exceptional people to join our small team.
Interested? Feel free to apply even though this position might not be the perfect fit for you. We value attitude and experience over formal training.
Permanent Position, 100%, Renens (near Lausanne)
Scientific Visual develops automatic systems for quality control in industrial crystals for the watch, LED and semiconductor industries. The scanners include robotic and image processing components to automatically detect and quantify internal defects before processing crystals.
Scientific Visual quality control equipment enables bulk semiconductor producers to establish objective, high precision defect detection in the raw material.
Scientific Visual is looking for a smart, energetic, and resourceful Software Engineer. The candidate will be a highly motivated and versatile individual who can thrive in a dynamic, start-up environment and industry. He/she will drive the development of the company’s software and algorithms that require a wide range of different skills (graphical user interfaces, signal and image processing, machine learning, etc.). He/she will also work in close collaboration with other team members in order to build proof of concepts and production results.
- Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Very high level in Python and object-oriented programming
- Strong background in image processing and computer graphics
- Excellent knowledge using Numpy, OpenGL, OpenCV, Qt
- Capacity to design proof of concepts with a long term and robust vision
- Ability to improve and optimize existing code and algorithms
- Fluent written and spoken English (French and/or German is a plus)
- Previous experience in tomography and 3D visualization
- Strong organization and keen for teamwork
- 3 years minimum overall programming experience
- Previous work experience is a plus
- Work place: Renens (close to the train station)
Starting: the position is available now.Apply Online