We are looking for talent
To help push the boundaries of the possible
Scientific Visual is continuously working on the next challenge. We are constantly on the lookout for exceptional people to join our small team.
Interested? Feel free to apply even though this position might not be the perfect fit for you. We value attitude and experience over formal training
Marie Curie Fellowship – Product Development Engineer with PhD in Physics, Material Science or Engineering
Scientific Visual would like to reinforce its research and innovation team through the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Individual Fellowship program (MSCA IF). Therefore, we are looking for candidates with a Ph.D. in Physics, Material Science or Engineering, willing to work in Swiss high-tech company.
We are seeking a genius engineer with research background to shape out next generation of scientific instruments. Beginning with our proprietary IP for defect analysis with tomography systems, you will be designing and building crystal scanners that cover new materials in our product line. The scanner functionalities are related to the defect visualisation in crystals and optical items.
Mission / Responsibilities
- you will be a key part of a small, highly performing product development team at our office in Lausanne, Switzerland
- involved from the very beginning of the product life cycle, building prototypes, guiding early-stage development and building a new instrument from the ground up
- adding new features, debugging and improving the instruments and interact regularly with our customers across the globe.
- Holding Ph.D. in physics, crystallography, material science or engineering by September 2018 (MSCA Fellowship requirement)
- Hands-on experience in product development in a field related to instrumentation, preferably in EU area to be familiar with business practices
- Experience in signal acquisition in visible and non-visible range
- Good knowledge of programming in Python and C/C++
- Less than 3 years of living in Switzerland in the past 5 years (MSCA Fellowship requirement). *NB: If you are currently living / working in Switzerland for less than 3 years, you satisfy this condition.
- Strong analytic and synthetic skills
- Very good knowledge of English. French or German is a plus.
We offer you
- Ambitious, exciting task in a high-growth, high-performance environment
- Compensation package according to Swiss standards
- 24 months contract for the fellowship, with possibility for extension to the permanent one after the fellowship ends.
This position is to be financed by Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions Individual Fellowships (MSCA IF), see details at https://ec.europa.eu/research/mariecurieactions/actions/individual-fellowships_en. The preference will be given to candidates having high score on its eligibility criteria, and we expect your active participation in the application process. The selected researchers will be contacted for an MSCA Fellowship development and training opportunity. We will support the candidate to prepare and submit the proposal. The candidates, whose proposal will be accepted by EU, will work with the research and innovation team of Scientific Visual.
Job application deadline: July 1, 2019
Starting: February 1, 2020Apply Online
Oculus VR/AR Developer
Summer Position, Lausanne, 3 months at 80-100 %
We are looking for a seasoned VR/AR Developer to add Oculus glass visualisation to our world leading systems that analyses Synthetic Sapphire.
- Understand the equipment use and propose concept and design for user-friendly and ergonomic VR/AR interface, with design focus on industrial Operator and environment
- Production of VR/AR interface viewable on Oculus headsets AND computer screens
- End-to-end development from concept to deployment
- Writing clean, well-documented, testable code
The company is open to extend and amend the scope of work to cope with Master degree / Internship requirements.
- Professional mastery of Oculus SDK, C# and 3D application development
- Minimum of 2+ years experience with C# and .NET Framework
- 1+ year of direct working experience with C++
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Agile and capability to work independently
- French & English sufficient for teamwork and documentation
Additional skills considered a plus:
- Experience with highly-accurate indoor location tracking and triangulation
- Machine learning / Computer Vision
Salary According to seniority + benefits
Starting July 2018 or earlier