SapphiroScope™ automated workstation inspects and assesses the quality of raw ingots (cylinders or rectangular bricks) before processing into wafer substrates for LED or into optical components.
SapphiroScope™ provides a 3D view of internal material defects without the need for polishing or ‘opening a window’. It allows the operator to sort incoming material, optimise it for the most efficient processing method, and predict wafering yield.
What it provides
- Automated mapping of bubbles, structures, and clouds prior to wafering
- Measurement and classification of defects, including XYZ position, size, morphology
- Good/bad wafers indication
- Analysis in polarised light to detect twins, lattice defects and LABs
- 3D model of defects to share with your customers and suppliers.
A 3D model visualises the defects in the sapphire cylinder or a pre-form. The user has the possibility to rotate the 3D model, scan through the core volume, zoom, visualise and measure separate defects, and indicate defective wafers.
This three-minute video demonstrates handling of a non-polished sapphire core: rotation, zoom, defect identification and wafering by an operator.
Click at the right bottom corner to open the video in full size.
What is inspected?
- Transparent ceramics
- LTO, LTN
- Laser crystals
- Borosilicate glass
- Cylinder ingots and rectangular bricks
- 2”, 4”, 6”, 8” or customized
- Automated quality inspection improves the yield of useable material
- Early defect detection ensures only the best material enters the costly processing chain
- Fast and objective feedback to the production team
- Measure the influence of growth parameters on production quality
- Objective, standardized and repeatable grading of your products improves customer relations.
Get a quote
|Brochure: SapphiroScope™ for LED and screen cover applications|